Corn is always flourishing around here at this time of year. We love using it in recipes and sometimes we just fire up the grill and eat it right on the cob, dripping in butter and garlic. This particular recipe is simple to make and will last a few days in the fridge so you can use it with your morning eggs, or for dinner with your grilled steak. Try adding diced avocados and jalapenos for a kicked up version!
- 2 ears corn
- ½ red onion
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes
- handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper
- juice of ½ lime
- Grill the corn and thickly sliced onion on the grill. While that is grilling, chop your tomatoes and cilantro. Add to a bowl.
- After the corn is charred, slice the kernels off the cob and slice the onion. Add to the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Squeeze the juice of lime right into the bowl.
- Stir and refrigerate for a few hours before partaking.
I served mine all fancy schmancy on cute little toasts, but after the shoot, we were dipping into the bowl with chips like vultures. The longer it sits, the better it gets! Would be a great addition to your Fourth of July festivities too…
Speaking of Fourth of July, I have this tutorial coming up on Monday…..