Floor Cushion…All grown up!

Floor Cushion...All grown up!
I have been so blessed by all the response from the Kids Floor Cushion.
I love that you all love it!
And nothing makes me happier than you guys sending me pics or posting pics to the flickr group of the floor cushions you’ve made
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
I expanded the idea and went a little crazy with the trims and fabrics.
I think the end result is a little more sophisticated.  You can use it to kick up your feet, or just post in a corner of the living room for extra seating
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
The base of the cushion is similar to the Kids Floor Cushion although the dimensions are a little different.  I also added a zipper for easier filling.  Which leads me to the filler….bean bag pellets!    They were failry inexpensive and it adds quite a difference in loft and material hold-up
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
The tufted center was an afterthought and I think it’s my favorite feature
Don’t you think it’s as cute as a button!
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
Floor Cushion...All grown up!Floor Cushion...All grown up!
I love this faux cowhide material I found too.  It was a fairly thin fabric, so I had to do some tweaking on the sewing, but the end result works….
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
Floor Cushion...All grown up!
Get the Kids Floor Cushion tutorial here
and just use your imagination!
Can’t wait to see what you come up with and as always,
post to the Flickr group

Happy Sewing  Floor Cushion...All grown up!

Featured on:

Floor Cushion...All grown up!

Floor Cushion...All grown up!

Comments

This is fantastic! I love it. I love the blue color of the pom poms. I am a brand new follower. I saw your post over at Skip to my Lou. I can’t wait to continue reading your fantastic blog. Have a great Valentine’s Day.

I love this version as much as the kids pillows. I made two of the original (need to upload to your flickr pool) and this one is inspiring me to make another.

Hi Susan –
    I’m going to have a go at making the origina with home dec weight fabric, but haven’t use that before (I’m usually a quilter). What needle is best for that weight fabric?
    Thanks! Great tutorial!

I am so loving this idea and plan on working on some for my boys. I was wondering if you have an idea how much of the pellets you ended up using. It looks like I am going to have to order some so I would love an idea of how much to get. Thanks so much for your wonderful inspiration.

This is wonderful! Thank you for offering the tutorial! I would love a stack of these in my family room! How cozy!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

Olá Amiga !!!

Vc realmente é o máximo, adorei este puffe de chão, vou fazer com certeza!!!
    Querida eu ganhei um lata de cerveja daquelas grande de 5lts, será q vc tem alguma idea de artesanatos para menina com ela???? se tiver por favor me envie, eu tô quebrando a cabeça , mas ta dificil d+++++!!!!

BJS!!! Fique na paz de JESUS!!!!