You wanna make one too? Let's get started.
Materials (yields 2 stockings)
1/2 yard burlap
1/2 yard fleece
various scraps for felt
2-3 packages rick rack
Thread in Burlap color
Thread in rick rack color
Basic Sewing Supplies
A few household items for drawing circles
1. Gather a few things from around the house that will yield 4 different diameters. My diameter sizes were 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 inches.
3. Using the templates, cut out the circles in whatever color combination you choose.
I cut one of every color in every size :)
8. Continue with all the rows until they are all sewn down
9. Next, cut pieces of rick rack to sew over the stitch line. Change your thread to the rick rack color and sew in a small zig zag stitch to sew in place.
Here is the stocking with all 5 rows zig zaged down
10. Place the other burlap stocking RST on the polka dot one and pin in place
11. Sew with a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around the sides and bottom. Do not stitch the top
12. Turn the stocking right side out and set aside until we use it again
14. Keeping the fleece inside out, stuff the polka dot stocking into the fleece.
15. Cut an 8 inch piece of rick rack for the hanging piece and pin at the back of the stocking, between the fleece and the burlap
16. Sewing with a 1/2" seam allowance, sew around the TOP of the stocking, joining the fleece and the burlap together
18. Edgestitch the opening in the fleece closed
19. Push the fleece stocking into the burlap so that now wrong sides are together and you are done
I made three for the three punks in my house
I love their bright colors and whimsical feel they lend to the room
Thanks for reading!
I hope you are inspired to create your own
Click HERE to see the matching Garland